Those wanting to ride the parade lap need to do the following
- Wear club kit (Kalas or Leisurewear) ensuring the DCV colours and logos are visable
- Meet at 4.30 to roll to start at 4.45 Meet next to the white gates leading to Prebends bridge (just off the roundabout at the bottom of potters bank) – See images below
- 2 Parade laps are scheduled to start at 5pm.
Please read the below info from the council thoroughly.
If its wet chances are we cant ride as the descent down Crossgate and corner plus climb of South street will be too dangerous.
Once laps completed we will finish at Durham School and will have to find a way to get over to the Angel Inn. We will be having our own Gazebo/Stand at the Angel Inn 53 Crossgate to watch the race from so will assemble there after the parade lap.
Lets show the public how great the club is and have fun!
White Gates Location (where 3 red circles are)
Details below from Durham Council
Map of course and road closures Pearl Izumi road closures 2016
Further details of the event http://www.tourseries.co.uk/venues/durham/11791.php#.Vzjoo_krKUk
TOUR SERIES 31 MAY 2016
Below are the allocated time slots and also the laps allocated, please note we have added some further entertainment so am having to move each slot slightly earlier by 15 minutes, and each new time is noted below. I hope you can move forward to these in order to fit all items in without cutting short any rides from the laps noted.
RIDE and ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE:
1645: – Blue Light Race – Police v Fire Service – 3 laps, no warm up lap
Trophy for winning rider donated by Chief Constable – trophy for rider first over the line. Please have race numbers on the cyclists and also forward me in at least the week previous corresponding rider names please. These will be used for commentary/announcements
1700 – Durham City Velo Ride – 2 laps
- 1700: Oompah Brass playing at Fighting Cocks / Framwellgate Bridge, 15 minutes approx
1715 – Bishop Auckland Cycle Club Ride – 2 laps
1730 – Universities (Durham v Sheffield v York v Derby) Challenge Race – 3 Laps no warm up lap
Winner to be first rider over the line. Please have race numbers on the cyclists and also forward me in at least the week previous corresponding rider names please. These will be used for commentary/announcements
- 1730: Oompah Brass playing at Elm Tree Pub on Crossgate, 15 minutes approx
1745 – Hetton Hawks Ride – 2 laps
1800 – Mascots to event village to be briefed on required duties
- 1800: Oompah Brass at Tennis Club on Margery Lane to play on Finish Line area, 20 minutes approx
1830 – Tour series warm up
- 1915/1930: Oompah Brass playing at Elm Tree Pub on Crossgate, 30 minutes approx
1930 – Tour Series begins
2045 – Tour Presentation
I have attached a road closure map, as in each year NO vehicles are allowed into the streets of the event. Clubs will need to arrive on bike and arrive via Quarryheads Roundabout (shown on attached at start of red line closure with added arrow).
Process for your entry to and from the course:
1) You will be met at the road closure point by a member of staff who will inform event control of your arrival
2) You will advance to PIMLICO, veering right on road NOT straight ahead.
3) A member of staff will facilitate your entry to the course where you will make your way to the start line, to be introduced.
4) On completion of your event please make your way off the course through a manned gated area after the VIP area and please do spectate for the remainder of the evening.
1) The course you will use is the same course, built by professionals, that will be used by the Pro’s
2) It has to be stated that should the weather be inclement, hopefully not, Sweetspot the Tour Series organisers through their Health and Safety in discussions with ourselves will decide if the course is safe to ride through weather conditions. This is an undertaking we make with and it will be their decision.
3) Professional first aid will be on site, though of course I hope that this will not be required
4) Where a trophy presentation is to take place this will be done on the finish line
5) If you are remaining to spectate, and hopefully all will, should you be keeping your bikes with you please do so in the marked yellow area, this is an area with more space for your bikes and where you are less likely to be moved on from unlike other parts of the course that bikes may be a congestion hazard.
6) PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO STORAGE ON SITE FOR BAGS AND SPARE CLOTHING CLUBS ARE ASKED TO MAKE THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS WITH COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS FAMILIES ETC.